Saturday 28 January 2012

East-Street restaurant, Soho, London




Hi! I had a LONG day today! This morning I walked 5 miles for charity :D I dont think I've ever walked that long in my life!! Later in the day I rode the bike to the British museum to see the Hajj exhibition, but the tickets were sold out! (We went there an hour and a half before closing time hehe).

Anyways, we left the museum hungry, so my husband told me about this restaurant near by so we headed to it. Its a pan Asian restaurant serving food from Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Korea and the Philippines.

 
Upon arrival, we were served with complementary herbal tea, it tasted ok, but it made a weird after drink sensation in my mouth... I dont know, it kinda made my mouth slippery lol... I don't know how else to describe it...
 

For starters we had edamame with chilli sauce which I didn't really like cuz it was spicy, but my husband liked it so its probably good for spicy food lovers.


We also had the vegetable tempura which was good, but the dip was a bit too vinegary!

For the main, I ordered a bowl of jasmine rice and chicken Adobo, a Filipino dish made in a special sweet sauce with peppercorn and crispy fried sweet potato pieces . I\'ve actually never had Filipino food before! And I really liked it.


To drink I ordered jasmine tea. It came in a very heavy Japanese pot with a small matching cup.



According to the waitress, it's made of iron! And its supposed to last forever!! That's why it's so heavy!



My husband had seafood Ramen, he says it's really good.



What's interesting to me about this place is the interiors, the inside of the restaurant is supposed to look like a street! With fake shop signs and weird things on the walls.
 

And for some reason they had a Japanese anime movie running on one of the walls.



And in the toilet instead of playing music in the background, there was a recording of what appears to be a final call to a plane going to kuala lumpur! And the background of that track also sounds like a busy airport with many people talking!


When we got the bill, they gave us little minty I <3 East st. Candies!

I am deffinately going back there again, and I recommend it to anyone who happens to be in that area and be hungry at the same time.

Hope you like the post!

Xox
J

Location: Rathbone place W1T 1HJ, off Oxford street and a 5 minute walk from Tottenham Courtroad station, according to google maps.
http://www.eaststreetrestaurant.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment